Employment Type: Full Time
High school diploma
5-8 years experience in manufacturing and/or materials management, including at least two years in materials management.
- APICS certification desirable.
- Experienced user of computer systems. Proficient in MRP systems, MS office, etc.
- Expertise in use of ERP systems and capacity planning modules.
- Knowledge of material flow processes.
The key objective of this position is to assemble MO’s (prints, sorting, etc.), develop and update capacity charts, reschedule MOs as required, work with team of planners to help with planning bills, monitor 12 month forecast and update as necessary.
- Create & print manual MO’s.
- Monitor firm planned MO’s.
- Combine schedule (dispatch, SDAL).
- Determine order of schedule (what needs to be done and when).
- Assume responsibility for schedule up to shipping.
- Establish schedule priorities, communicate as necessary.
- Assist Master Scheduler as needed.
- Fill in for other facility planners as needed.
- Reports on schedule compliance metrics as required.
- Use ERP Capacity Planning tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods; load level production plan and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting.
- Review monthly sales forecasts and update system accordingly.
- Interact frequently with sales, marketing and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand.
- Resolve issues by presenting various alternatives for decision.
- Identify materials with no further use, recommend disposition.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.