Employment Type: Full Time
Sioux Steel Company
Sioux Falls, SD
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience as Mechanical Engineer.
- Preferred 3 to 5 years new product development experience.
- Project management experience required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience in electro-mechanical design, hydraulics, power transmission and/or PLC controls is a plus.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system preferred.
- Solid Works modeling experience preferred.
- FEA knowledge is preferred but not necessary.
Under guidance of the Director of Engineering, the Mechanical Design Engineer will design, test, and implement new products using Engineering principles. Hands on end-to-end development of products.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify any new product development opportunities.
- Utilize Solid Works modeling software on a daily basis to develop new designs and detailed drawings.
- Conduct various design reviews (conceptual, preliminary, dfm and final) with sales and operation personnel.
- Develop and adhere to project timelines.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Work directly with research and development personal to create and test prototypes, and develop weld fixtures and procedures.
- Work with operations personal and manufacturing engineering to resolve any form, fit or finish issues within a product.
- Prepare and support any technical documents, installation and operational manuals.
- Assist customer support representatives, service/warranty and dealers with customer issues.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and operations to identify any possible quality improvements, cost reduction measures and/or practices to improve efficiencies.
- Work with purchasing personnel to specify and source any new design components.
- Implement and support any product improvements with an ECR/ECN procedure.
- Research and evaluate new engineering technologies within the industry.
- Travel as needed for testing, product support and sales shows.