Employment Type: Full Time
196 1/2 E 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or 4-6 years equivalent experience.
Programming Languages experience (.Net, C# or some later variant, Java, PHP, other web development languages/utilities, ASP .net).
Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2019 a plus but not required.
ERP Experience preferred but not required.
Experience with Fourthshift ERP system a plus but not required.
Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required.
Understanding of object-oriented software engineering.
Track record of successful application development.
Ability to write clean, well-documented code.
Above average complex problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Solid troubleshooting and communication skills.
Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio).
Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to understand the importance of version control, understanding of requirements, and following code standards is a must.
- Comfort working with a broad range of experienced users and IT resources.
- Ability to gather requirements and turn them into end user applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
The IT Programmer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the existing software environment and user interfaces as well as serving as a liaison between users and third party application providers. This position reports to the IT Manager.
- Code and test programming for software and mobile apps.
- Validate test results with SME.
- Develop and deploy computer applications while adhering to approval processes including but not limited to code reviews with peers.
- Execute code builds to test and production environments.
- Fix bugs in existing code.
- Collaborate with engineering and sales teams.
- Maintain documentation per company standards.
- Provide testing, documentation, training, and support in-house developed applications.
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call responsibilities. May need to work off hours to perform maintenance and install upgrades.
- Participate in disaster recovery and audit activities.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.