Employment Type: Full Time
196 1/2 E 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- 1-3 years of experience as an HR Assistant or similar position preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be extremely detail orientate and organized.
- Above average computer skills – must be proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with an HRIS preferred.
- Ability to work with extreme confidentiality, and multitasking capabilities.
- Above average grammar and communication skills.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for supporting all human resources business practices inclusive of recruiting, benefits administration, worker’s compensation administration, and day-to-day human resources operations.
- Assists in the recruitment process by maintaining current job descriptions, job postings, reviewing incoming applicant information, and co-coordinating with hiring manager(s).
- Supports the on-boarding process of new team members.
- Performs HRIS data entry inclusive of new hire processing, team member updates, processing payroll related changes, and complies reports as needed from the database.
- Participate in benefits administration to include tracking of new team members to benefits, conducting benefits information meetings, and answering day-to-day questions from team members.
- Responsible for team member file maintenance including set-up, filing, and terminations.
- Reports on HR department metrics, including recruiting, turnover, and EEO-1.
- Submits worker’s compensation claims and maintains records.
- Coordinates and maintains team member recognition programs.
- Organizes and maintains weekly communication information.
- Provides assistance in answering the phone as needed and covering for the receptionist as schedule needs arise.
- Participates, coordinates, and manages company events.
- Stays current on all state and federal laws including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Coordinates and/or conducts exit interviews to determine reason behind separation.
- And all other duties as assigned.
SAFETY, QUALITY AND HUMAN RESOURCES, OVERALL POLICY AND PROCEDURE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Act in compliance with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures including any applicable reporting and paperwork required.
- Notify appropriate personnel of any situation that may contribute to product or system conformity, or team member safety.
- Comply with all human resources policies and procedures and enforce as required to insure fair and consistent treatment of all company team members.