Employment Type: Part Time
196 1/2 E 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- 3 - 5 years in a cost accounting position in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate experience in a manufacturing departments/staff/activities, cost accounting, reporting, and variance analysis.
- B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel should be excellent and intermediate in other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze, document, and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and communicational skills
- Detail oriented. Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to support a cross-functional plant management team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team and supports activity based accounting practices within the company. Responsible for plant level costs and control including cost accounting, bill of material audits, and cost analysis. Supports month-end close and special projects as requested. Works closely with manufacturing to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances. Also acts as liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
- Interact with Production Control to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date.
- Review and audit BOM’s to ensure they reflect the latest manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for maintaining pricing for products which includes Price Books and pricing strategies of all products.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against Standard/Budget. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed.
- Work with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived. The Analyst will also be significantly involved in the annual audits by various firms and financial institutions.
- Support Controller’s efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls for operations, sales, engineering, and finance.
- Development of new labor and overhead rates, budget, and forecasts.
- Perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand by customer type.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Prepare collateral reporting
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export IT, receiving, shipping, and other.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type by division
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Work in special projects as required
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management