Employment Type: Full Time
196 1/2 E 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
Relevant certifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Comfort working with a broad range of experienced users and IT resources.
Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), or similar, is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Desktop Support Technician or similar role.
- Knowledge of operating systems, including Windows and macOS.
- Familiarity with desktop hardware components and peripherals.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Comfort working with a broad range of experienced users and IT resources.
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects at one time.
- The role may require occasional evening or weekend work to address critical issues.
- The role will require travel to multiple manufacturing locations in the Sioux Falls/Lennox area.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with support ticket management, support management software systems, and general customer service experience is ideal.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through company-funded education or certification programs will be provided.
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software to both internal and external customers. Their role will involve ensuring the smooth operation of desktops, laptops, and peripherals within an organization and is focused on high-quality customer service. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager.
- Provide first-level technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Respond to IT support tickets and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to escalate and resolve complex technical issues.
- Install and update software applications.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT processes and procedures.
- Educate end-users on basic computer usage and best practices.
- Manage customer expectations and provide friendly, professional support.
- Maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction through a customer service focus.
- Ensure customers’ issues are resolved to their satisfaction and in keeping with company standards.