Employment Type: Full Time
196 E. 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, ten years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.
7+ years’ experience as a manager/director of people. Previous experience managing projects in Design AND Manufacturing engineering. Experience in design and development of products for a manufacturing organization. Prior agricultural industry experience preferred. Experience in process improvement and manufacturing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment including inventory valuation, cost accounting, and variance analysis.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, ten years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate fiscal function and performance
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, sales programs, product pricing, etc.
- Manage bank relationships to include forecasting, monthly required reporting, and covenant compliance, and initiate additional strategies to enhance cash position
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and CEO in performing their responsibilities
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Lead the budgeting process for the organization and spearhead continual improvement of the budgeting process
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on company contracts.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team to plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth
- Direct and manage all financial audits required
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Maintain adequate internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). Ensure books of record are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to operate the business.
- Assess organizational performance against budget and long term strategy
- Develop and present tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Executive team
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports: monthly P&L, forecast by division, cash flow, and budget.
- Provide data and improvement plans for all levels of financial management
- All Data and metrics to be completed and presented accurately and on time.