Employment Type: Full Time
196 1/2 E 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in purchasing/materials management. Knowledge of all purchase functions including Non-Production and Production.
- Requires leadership skills, and an understanding of policy deployment metrics tracking.
- Knowledge of purchasing and sourcing process.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with ERP mainframe systems such as Fourth Shift highly preferred.
- Requires good judgment, discretion, and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Extremely strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication and contract/price negotiation skills.
- Proficient in related PC software (Office, Excel, Access).
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Excellent Prioritization Skills.
- Lean Manufacturing, APICS certification a plus.
The Buyer will work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. The position requires an innovative individual with the willingness to take calculated risks for the benefit of the company and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates and in cross functional teams. Assures that required materials are purchased and obtained in a timely and cost-effective manner and that stocking levels are maintained within established guidelines.
- Utilizes Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to assure availability of materials and control of inventory levels for assigned product lines.
- Obtain all relevant preliminary information to procure parts, materials, equipment and services necessary for the operation of an organization
- Analyze quotations received select or recommend suppliers with whom orders are to be placed and schedule deliveries
- Expedite part shortages, process requisitions, develop blanket purchase orders, long-term purchase agreements and contracts with limited supervision.
- Review more favorable prices and advise appropriate groups, conduct negotiations as required to implement cost reductions/inventory reductions.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of safety stocks
- Drive spend compliance and coverage through the use of recommended and preferred suppliers.
- Works closely with Quality and Strategic Purchasing to ensure high product quality and consistency and to resolve product issues as they arise.
- Maintain records, document quantifiable cost savings, prepare progress reports and verify invoices for irregular charges. Including but not limited to: accurate dating and tracking of open purchase orders, coordination with customs brokers, freight companies and government agencies to ensure the timely arrival of incoming material.
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and determine own practices and procedures under limited or no supervision
- Perform other duties as required.