Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 7+ years of project/sales management experience.
- Experience with managing a team of people.
- Ag related industry and experience working with dealer networks preferred.
- Impressive track record in sales role, managing multiple products.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external sales plan for their book of business that would aid increasing revenue and profitability of the product line(s). This is inclusive of developing relationships with the dealer network, Territory Managers, and other internal partners.
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from dealer network.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform product in-service training to ensure customer/dealer satisfaction, as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Dealer meetings or other customer forums held in assigned territory.
- Other job functions as it relates to business needs.
- Travel up to 60% of the time is required. This consists of some local and some overnight travel based on applicable dealer shows/networks and business needs.