Employment Type: Full Time
Sioux Steel Company
Lennox, SD 57039
High School diploma, or equivalent
- Must be crane and fork lift certified or possess the ability to be certified through training.
- At least six months experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow operating instructions as outlined.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must follow all safety rules supported by the facility
- Lift up to 50 lbs. at waist level and up to 30 lbs. at shoulder level up to an occasional basis when moving products; lift up to 75 lbs. at waist level on a rare basis
- Push or pull with up to 75 lbs. of force up to an occasional basis when moving products
- Generate up to 75 lbs. of grip strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Generate up to 15 lbs. of pinch strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Display average coordination with both hands up to a continuous basis while performing job tasks
- Perform elevated work up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Stoop, kneel or squat up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Reach forward and to the side up to a frequent basis when handling products
- Stand up to a continuous basis and walk up to a frequent basis during the course of each shift
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day
Perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
- Assemble finished product with hand, power, and air tools.
- Follow MOs and other written and verbal instructions.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a forklift license.
- Read blueprints.
- Utilize a tape measure.
- Handle material efficiently and safely.
- Follow all safety rules as outlined for the facility and the job.
- High attention to detail is a mus